Auto or Motorcycle Insurance is usually the first type of Insurance that many people purchase for themselves. Primarily because it’s required by law in Texas if you want to operate a motor vehicle (two or four wheels), but it’s much more vital than most appreciate. Liability insurance consists of two types of protection and they are Bodily Injury and Property Damage.
- Bodily Injury pays for injuries you may cause to another person while driving your vehicle. Aside from feeling awful about hurting someone you are also responsible for their medical expenses if you were Negligent or At Fault in the incident. As you know, medical issues can be extensive, recovery times long and very expensive.
- Property Damage is also a part of your liability insurance. This will cover the damage to property that you may be liable for. There are lots of things you can hit with your car; other vehicles, buildings, light poles just to name a few. When you damage property with your car, you are responsible for repairing that property.
Other vital Coverage options that are also available in Texas are:
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist – this covers you if someone hits you and they don’t have any liability insurance at all, or if they don’t have enough liability to cover all the damage.
- Personal Injury Protection – Covers you or someone in your vehicle who is injured in an auto accident.
You can also purchase coverage’s of convenience such as:
- Other than Collision (aka Comprehensive Coverage) – this pays for losses to your vehicle that are other than collision less your selected Deductible. Some examples of Other Than Collision are things like fire, flood, vandalism and theft.
- Collision – after your deductible this will pay for damage by colliding with another object.
- Emergency Road Side Assistance – not just towing, but also service at the sight of disablement like running out of gas, locking your keys in the car or changing a flat.
To best fit your lifestyle you can also select other optional coverages like Loss of use, Rental Car Reimbursement and Auto Glass replacement.
If you need Auto Insurance in Clear Lake Texas, talk to Paula Smith Insurance about customizing a plan that works with your lifestyle and budget. Feel free to fill out our Quote Request form to the right, call us at (281) 488-8880 or email us at Paula@LeagueCityInsuranceAgent.com and we will get back with you right away!